Jodi’s Garden, Second Week of March
I’ve got my cute little indoor greenhouse set up and my plants seem to enjoy it. I don’t have a great sunny location in my house so I try to rotate the greenhouse so my plants don’t lean to the sunshine too badly. It would probably help to get some lights, but it’s not in the budget for this year. I’m following along with the guidelines on this website and planting new things each week. I can finally start some stuff outdoors now so it’s getting really exciting! I sure love spring 🙂
- Planted one square of garlic, 9 cloves. I used grocery store garlic and tried to pick the biggest cloves.
- We ripped up a huge bed of irises that were planted along our back fence. I’m planning to fill in the beds with compost and use this area for sprawling plants like pumpkins, zucchini, etc.
- Started 6 peat pellets each of 2 varieties of lettuce.
- Lots of onion sprouts, a few celery sprouts, and both types of peppers have now sprouted. For peat pellets that didn’t sprout, I added some new seeds and am hoping for some more seedlings. I got ZERO cabbage so I really hope I can get some with this next batch.
- Waiting on sprouts from 3 varieties of tomatoes and parsley which are in vermiculite in jiffy pots.