Charity’s Square Foot Gardening Plan
- Gardening year: 2011
- Location: Richmond, Kentucky
- Planting By Color: Orange
Here are photos of Charity’s square foot garden plans–the photo on the left is located on the south side of her home, while the photo on the right is on the north side of her home.
- Last year I started both raised beds with 40 gallon water tubes to help water the plants and wasn’t able to grow as many vegetables. I got tired of the water tubes taking up so much space and tried to plant some things in its place. This year I’m planning to do a square foot garden in both raised beds. I want to do the grids in a cheap fashion and thought about using dowel rods.
- I don’t want to dig up my potatoes too early again this year and need to figure out a way to give them space in the ground to grow.
- I planted strawberries from Lowe’s last year and didn’t get more than 3 strawberries from the plant.
- I would love to grow watermelons in the garden but never got one over a 4 inches wide last year that didn’t crack. They’re not currently in my grid plan.
- I like to step in my garden and poke around at the plants so this year I’m planning walkways around things I might want to check out often.
Here is her square foot gardening plan for 2011:
Leave your comments and advice below!
Learn how to create your own square foot garden plan.