Northern Utah Square Foot Gardening Plan
- Gardening Year: 2012
- Location: West Point, UT
- Planting By Color: Green
My name is Haley and this will be my very first experience with gardening. I’m excited but also overwhelmed and a bit nervous! I am totally inexperienced with gardening and I have been trying to read and learn as much as I can so that I can hopefully have a successful year. I’m starting small so that I don’t get overwhelmed and then if things go well, we will continue to add to our garden.
We are planning on building some raised square foot beds out of wood or railroad ties. I need a lot of feedback, but I tried to use the companion planting tool to find things that would work well together. I still have a few empty spots so any suggestions about what to add would really be appreciated! Here are my questions:
- Should I plant asparagus? I love it, but I’ve heard it takes 2 years to grow
- What plants should I trellis?
- Did I leave enough room for broccoli, tomatoes and zucchini?
- What kind of tomatoes should I grow and where?
- I have no idea how to plan a planting schedule-I don’t want to end up with tons of food all at once, so how should I space my planting so that I have a longer harvest?
Thank you so much for the opportunity to get some feedback and help on my garden plan, I really appreciate it!