Minneapolis Square Foot Gardening Plan
- Gardening Year: 2012
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Planting by Color: Yellow
My name is Tina, thank you so much for allowing me to post my garden plan. This is my first time doing a garden, and you can follow my progress on my blog Dewdrop Garden. I appreciate any advice I can get. My dad suggested I use pavers instead of wood for the raised bed, and I think it looks really nice. I am super excited to see what I can grow.
Here is what I have built, the bed is 13′ long, 3′ wide and 1′ deep:
Here is my plan so far, I have a couple spots that are to be determined. I would appreciate any comments as to if this is a good layout or not. I know I am going to have to hurry up and get my carrots, lettuce and spinach planted ASAP.
- I am planning to plant tomatoes in their own pot, probably 3 plants in the pot since it is a pretty large pot.
- I didn’t plan enough ahead, so I have not started any seeds indoors, is too late to start my pepper seeds inside for transplanting later? Wondering if I should buy pepper plants at this point.
- I would like to plant raspberry and blueberry bushes (not in the square foot garden.)
- I am also planning to make a separate bed for strawberries.
Thanks again for your advice. This blog has already been so helpful to me in figuring out how many plants I will be able to plant in each square.